Workflow alert comprises of an email template, which is used to send email notification to all the specified recipients. This email notification is sent to the recipients when the associated workflow rule is triggered. You can associate maximum 5 workflow alerts to a rule.
- You can associate maximum 5 alerts to each action (Instant and Time Based Actions).
- (No. of Users * 100) or 5000, whichever is lower will be taken as the maximum limit per day for emails to be sent using workflow alerts.
- The email limit for a day is calculated based on PST.
- For email templates, if the From Address is that of the Record Owner who is deactivated, then the Primary Contact's emails address will be replaced. In case the user who is the primary contact is also deactivated, then the first administrator's email address will be replaced.
Profile Permission Required: Users with the Manage Workflow permission in profile can access this feature.
To create workflow alert
- Click Setup > Automation > Workflow > Alerts
- In the Workflow Alerts page, click Configure Alert.
- In the New Alert page, under Alert Details section, do the following:
- Enter a Name for the alert.
- Choose a Module from the drop-down list.
- Choose the Email template for the alert from the drop-down list.
Only email templates created for the selected record type (module) will be listed in the drop-down field.
- Click the Create Templates link to create a template.
- In the New Alert page, under Recipient Details section, choose the recipients:
Specify the email address of the Additional Recipients. Use comma to separate more than one email address.
- Persons Associated to the Record - Depending on the type of record, you will have the option to select Email and Secondary Email field, Record Owner, Record Creator and the Record Owner's Manager.
- Groups, Roles, Roles and Subordinates, and Users.
You can add maximum 10 email addresses. Click Save.
An email based alert is created, which can be associated to the workflow rules.