The Zoho CRM API is available in all editions of Zoho CRM. To use the API, you'll require the Zoho CRM Authentication Token from your CRM account. Please make sure that you have the permission to access the API service. If you do not have permission, please contact your CRM administrator.
Generate Auth Token
To generate the Auth Token, you need to send an authentication request to Zoho Accounts using the URL format below.
The user must be a confirmed user, else while generating the Auth Token the user will receive an error - "ACCOUNT_REGISTRATION_NOT_CONFIRMED".
https://accounts.zoho.com/apiauthtoken/nb/create?SCOPE=ZohoCRM/crmapi&EMAIL_ID=Zoho CRM Username or Email ID&PASSWORD=Your Zoho CRM Password
Using Two-factor Authentication?
If you're using the two factor authentication to access your Zoho CRM account, follow these steps to generate the Auth Token in API mode:
- Log in to Zoho CRM.
- Open https://accounts.zoho.com.
- In the Zoho Accounts Home page, click Two Factor Authentication.
- In the Two Factor Authentication page, click on the Manage Application Specific Passwords.
- In the Application Specific Passwordspop-up, specify these details:
- Device or App Name
- Current Password
- Click Generate.
You will receive the new application-specific password with spaces.
- Remove the spaces in password and include in the below URL:
Parameters to be passed along with this URL are:
|Parameter ||Description |
|EMAIL_ID ||Specify your Zoho CRM Username or Email ID |
|scope ||Specify the value as ZohoCRM/crmapi |
|PASSWORD ||Specify your Zoho CRM Password |
For more information, please refer Two factor Authentication help page.
Log in to Zoho CRM in a new window and use the following url:
If you are a Google Apps User, you can log into your CRM account and then use the browser mode format to generate the Authentication Token.
#Wed Feb 29 03:07:33 PST 2012
- The Auth Token can be used in all your API calls. You can also see the URL format under Setup > Developer Space > CRM API.
- You need to be logged into your CRM account to use the Browser Mode.
Here's an example to fetch records:
Manage Auth Tokens
You can view, delete and regenerate the Auth Token generated for your account from the 'My Zoho Account' Page.
- Log in to Zoho CRM
- Open [Username] > My Zoho Account
- In the My Zoho Account page, click Settings > Active Authtokens
In this page, you can also Remove or Regenerate Auth Tokens.
- Removing an Auth Token will delete the token permanently.
- If you regenerate Auth Token, update your program with the new token.
- The Auth Token is user-specific and is a permanent token.
- On deletion, the existing token will be deleted permanently. The new token has to be replaced in all API calls.
- The Auth Token of a user's account will become invalid if the user is deactivated.
- We notify CRM administrators (Users with "Administrator" profile) if your organization exceeds the API limit. We also provide API Statistics for better assessment of your integration requirements.
- In case, your application requires more than the upper limit, your additional API requests will not be processed. To avoid data transfer issues, please assess your API requirements well in advance. If you need any help, please contact our Support at firstname.lastname@example.org