The Zoho CRM API is available in all editions of Zoho CRM. To use the API, you'll require the Zoho CRM Authentication Token from your CRM account. Please make sure that you have the permission to access the API service. If you do not have permission, please contact your CRM administrator.
|Zoho CRM Edition ||API Requests - Upper Limit |
|Free Edition |
(3 users free)
|Total 250 Requests / day / organization |
|Professional Edition |
(USD 12 / user /month)
|250 Requests /day /user license OR |
5,000 Requests/day /organization, whichever is lower
|Enterprise Edition |
(USD 25 / user /month)
|250 Requests/day /user license OR |
15,000 Requests/day /organization, whichever is lower
- The PST Time zone will be considered.
- For example, in Free Edition if you use the getRecords method, you can fetch a maximum of 200 records per request, in turn, a total of 50,000 records per day (250 x 200 = 50,000 records).
- If you use the getSearchRecords or getCVRecords methods, you can send a maximum of 250 calls per day irrespective of your Zoho CRM edition.
Generate Auth Token
To generate the Auth Token, you need to send an authentication request to Zoho Accounts using the URL format below.
The user must be a confirmed user, else while generating the Auth Token the user will receive an error - "ACCOUNT_REGISTRATION_NOT_CONFIRMED".
https://accounts.zoho.com/apiauthtoken/nb/create?SCOPE=ZohoCRM/crmapi&EMAIL_ID=Zoho CRM Username or Email ID&PASSWORD=Your Zoho CRM Password
Parameters to be passed along with this URL are:
|Parameter ||Description |
|EMAIL_ID ||Specify your Zoho CRM Username or Email ID |
|scope ||Specify the value as ZohoCRM/crmapi |
|PASSWORD ||Specify your Zoho CRM Password |
- If you are a Google Apps User, you can log into your CRM account and then use the browser mode format to generate the Authentication Token.
#Wed Feb 29 03:07:33 PST 2012
- The Auth Token can be used in all your API calls. You can also see the URL format under Setup > Developer Space > CRM API.
- You need to be logged into your CRM account to use the Browser Mode.
Here's an example to fetch records:
https://crm.zoho.com/crm/private/xml/Leads/getRecords?authtoken=7d987658943g4j09h43dd0b167dda34b&scope=crmapi &selectColumns=Leads(Lead Owner,First Name,Last Name,Email,Company,Annual Revenue,Lead Source)
Manage Auth Tokens
You can view, delete and regenerate the Auth Token generated for your account from the 'My Zoho Account' Page.
- Log in to Zoho CRM
- Open [Username] > My Zoho Account
- In the My Zoho Account page, click Active Authtokens
In this page, you can also Remove or Regenerate Auth Tokens.
- Removing an Auth Token will delete the token permanently.
- The Auth Token is user-specific and is a permanent token.
- On deletion, the existing token will be deleted permanently. The new token has to be replaced in all API calls.
- The Auth Token of a user's account will become invalid if the user is deactivated.
- We notify the CRM administrator (Primary Contact of the Zoho CRM account) if your organization exceeds the API limit. We also provide API Statistics for better assessment of your integration requirements.
- In case, your application requires more than the upper limit, your additional API requests will not be processed. To avoid data transfer issues, please assess your API requirements well in advance. If you need any help, please contact our Support at firstname.lastname@example.org