Keeping pace with this trend of providing industry-specific CRMs, Zoho CRM has expanded the concept of CRM for Verticals. Zoho CRM aims at encouraging partners to customize CRM, optimizing it to a specific business or industry and then providing this customized CRM to other users through the Copy Customization process.
Profile Permission Required: Users with the Administrator profile can access this feature.
- Copy Customization requires that both the user accounts are of the same Edition. You cannot copy the customizations from Professional Edition to the Enterprise Edition. Both account A and B should be the same Paid Edition. Account B can also be the Trial Version of the Paid Edition.
- The source account should not have a company logo in the template while copying the customization.
- You need the username and password of the CRM account to which the customization needs to be copied.
- Extends CRM functionality to a growing list of value-added resellers with expertise in a specific industry.
- Meets organization-specific CRM requirements.
- Allows users to custom-build a CRM system for a specific business by adding appropriate functionality.
- Helps focus on specific business issues within an industry.
- Saves time in deploying a fully functional CRM system for several users.
- Enables companies to develop deeper insight into their customers' needs and preferences.
- Resellers / Partners
- CRM Consultants
- Industry-specific CRM solutions are gaining momentum in the market.
- Mid-sized companies are adopting CRM as an integral part of their business strategies and turn to more manageable CRM implementations.
- Companies are demanding CRM systems that conform to the way their business works.
- Businesses are focusing towards a CRM service that reflects the terminology, data elements and business process flows that are unique to their industry.
Process Copy Customization
The Copy Customization feature helps experts from different verticals to custom-build Zoho CRM, as per industry specific requirements, and then deploy the customized CRM into other related CRM accounts. The Zoho CRM user will need to specify the Username or Email Address and Password of the CRM account to which the customization needs the copied. With this feature, you can copy the various customizations that include Fields, Sections, Page Layouts, Tabs, Custom Reports, Email & Inventory Templates, and Logos.
To process copy customization
- Click Setup > Organization Settings > Copy Customization.
- In the Copy Customization page, specify the Username and Password of the user to whose account the customization needs to be copied.
- Click Copy.
An email will be sent to the Super Administrator of the target account. The Copy Customization scheduler starts only after the customer (Super Administrator) confirms the process.
- You can use the Copy Customization feature to copy system-level configurations to the target accounts.
- The account to which you are copying the customizations, should not have any customizations of its own.
- This is a one-time process and you cannot process "Copy Customization" a second time for the same customer.
- Copy Customization requires that both the user accounts are of the same Edition.
The following table lists out the customizations that will be copied and the ones that will not be.
|Customizations that will be copied ||Customizations that will not be copied |
- Tab and tab groups
- Custom Fields, Page Layouts,
and Search Layouts
- Roles and Profiles
- Field level security
- Company Logo
- Related Lists
- Custom Field mapping
- Contact Roles
- Product Tax Rates
- Custom List Views
- Stage Probability mapping
- Reports & Report Folders
- Web Tabs
- Workflow Rules, Tasks, Alerts,
and Field Updates
- Email Templates, and
- Mail Merge Template
- Web Forms (web-to-lead,
- Auto Responders
- Report Scheduler
- Assignment Rules
- Auto Response rules
- Data Sharing Rules
- Case Escalation Rule
- Fiscal Year