In Zoho CRM, you can create accounts by:
- Entering data in the account details form: You can manually fill in the Account details gathered from various external sources.
- Importing leads from external source: You can gather data through various sources and import the CSV and XLS files into Zoho CRM.
- Converting lead to account: On lead conversion, contacts, accounts and potentials can be created.
- Synchronizing Microsoft Outlook contacts: Synchronize the contacts in Microsoft Outlook with Zoho CRM. In special cases: An account will be created in Zoho CRM while the Company Name field is specified in the Microsoft Outlook
- Some of the standard fields may not be visible or editable depending on your organization's business process.
- In case you want to add or modify fields or would like to know more details on the usage of fields, please contact your System Administrator
To understand the Zoho defined standard fields in Accounts, click here.
Create Accounts Individually
You can create accounts individually by:
- Filling in the details on the account creation form.
- Cloning the accounts with a few changes in the existing account details.
Profile Permission Required: Access to the Accounts Tab with the Create permission enabled.
To create accounts individually
- In the Accounts module, click New Account.
- In the Create Account page, enter the account details. (Refer to the Standard Fields)
- Click Save.
To clone accounts
- In the Accounts tab, click a particular account that is to be cloned.
- In the Account Details page, click Clone.
- In the Clone Account page, modify the required details. (Refer to the Standard Fields)
- Click Save.
Associate Account with Other Records
You can create a 360 degree view of the account to display all the associated details, such as contacts, potentials, trouble tickets, activities, attachments, and notes in a single view.
In the Account Details page, you can update the following:
- Potentials: To add potentials.
- Contacts: To add contacts.
- Open Activities: To add tasks and events (meetings and calls).
- Closed Activities:To display the closed activities.
- Products: To add products.
- Quotes: To add quotes.
- Sales Orders: To add sales orders.
- Invoices: To add invoices.
- Attachments & Notes: To attach documents and notes.
- Member Accounts: To add other divisions or subsidiaries to the parent account.
- Cases: To create cases
Add Member Accounts
Member Accounts are secondary accounts added to an existing parent account. This allows having separate accounts with different divisions within a parent company and provides a full view of the individual accounts as well as the consolidated accounts within the parent account.
To add member accounts
- In the Account Details page, the existing member account details, if any, are displayed.
- Click Account Name, Phone, Website, Account Type, Industry, or Annual Revenue links to sort the display order of the records.
- Click the relevant Edit or Del link to modify or delete the member account respectively.
- Click New.
- Enter the member account details.
- Click Save.