By default, a ZC view displays the records in the order in which they are added. (i.e.) latest records are listed on top. You can sort records by a specific column/column(s) in ascending or descending order to display meaningful reports. The choice of column(s) to be sorted depends on your requirement. For example, in a Sales View which list the sales made by different products on different dates, sorting by Sale Date will help you to analyze your date-wise sales figures easily.
Steps to sort records in a view
- Select the View from the Views tab.
- Select Set Sorting option from the View Configuration tree. The Set Sorting dialog is displayed on the right-side as shown in the screen-shot below. All the fields configured for the view will be displayed on the left-side list-box.
- To sort by a specific column, select the column from the list and add it to the right-hand side using the Add>> button. To sort by multiple columns, select the required columns from the list and add them to the right-hand side using the Add>> button.
- To remove a column from the sorting list, select the column from the right-hand side and move it to the left-hand side using the <<Remove button.
- To change the sequence by which the records will be sorted, select the required column from the right-hand side. Use the Move Up button to move the column up or the Move Down button to move the column down.
- To change the order of sorting from ascending to descending or viceversa, select the column from the right-hand side and click the Sort Asc/Desc button.
- When you access the view, the records will be listed based on the sort order configured for the view. In the screen-shot below, the Sales View displays the records sorted by Sales Date. For each Sales Date, the records are sorted by Inv.No.
- You don't need to go back to the View tab, to change your sorting preferences. Zoho Creator allows you to change your sorting/grouping preferences directly from the report itself. Refer the topic View Records -> Sort By any column, to learn more.