Zoho Creator supports grouping of data based on specific fields in a view. Records with same value for the selected column(s) will be grouped together and the value appears as a heading above all records containing that value. For example, in an Expense Tracker application, view expense reports grouped by expense category or in the Employee Application, view a report that displays the employee data grouped by department. Refer the Sample view.
Steps to Group Data
- Select the View from the Views tab
- Select Set Grouping option from the View Configurationtree.
- Select the columns to be grouped and click on Addoption. The records will be grouped in the order in which the columns are listed.
- Use the Move Up/Move Down button, to change the sequence in which the records will be grouped.
- Use the Sort Asc/Desc button, to display the grouping in the ascending/descending order
- Use the Add/Delete button to add/delete columns to be grouped.
- Click Done to update the changes.
- When you access the application, the view will display the records grouped by the selected column, as shown in the screen-shot given below.
- You don't need to go back to the View tab, to change your grouping preferences. Zoho Creator allows you to change your grouping preferences directly from the report itself. Refer the topic View Records -> Group By any column, to learn more.