You can create any number of views for the same form with different view names. You can create a new view from scratch or duplicate an existing view.
Create a new view
- Select Create New -> Report option. The dialog to create the new view will be displayed.
- Specify the following details in this dialog:
- Report name: The Report name is the name displayed in the View header and the link name is the name displayed in the URL while accessing the view. For example, if the view name is Employee Details, the view link name will be http://creator.zoho.com/zchelp/employee-manager/#View:Employee_Details. The link name is also used internally in Deluge Script.
- Report based on: Select the form based on which this new view is to be created.
- Place this view under: If you have created sections under which the existing forms/views are to be displayed in Live Mode, all the existing sections will be displayed here. Select the section under which the new view will be created. If no sections are created, the view will be placed under "Home". Refer the topic, Layouts for more information.
- ReportType: You can display the view as a list, calender, spreadsheet or as a summary.
- Click Create or Create and Customize to create the view. The new view named Employee Personal Details is created as shown in the screen-shot below. You can make the required configurations to this view using the option displayed on the left-side tree.
Duplicate a view
Zoho Creator allows you to create an exact copy of your existing views. This feature will be useful if you want to create new views similar to existing views, but with minor changes to configurations. For example, we have a view named "Employee View" based on the "Employee" form which is displayed in the form of a List. Now, in addition to this view, we want to create a new view which will display the same data in the form of a summary. To do this, it is not necessary to create the new view again from the beginning. You need to just duplicate this existing view.
To duplicate a view from Edit mode,
- Go to Application Dashboard and select the option Reports from the Dropdown list on the top.
- Mouse over the report that you wish to duplicate.
- Select the option Duplicate.
- A new view will be created and you can make changes to the view in the Report Settings.