You can create any number of views for the same form with different view names. You can create a new view from scratch or duplicate an existing view.
Create a new view
- Select the New View option in the Views tab. The dialog to create the new view will be displayed.
- Specify the following details in this dialog:
- View name: The view name is the name displayed in the View header and the view link name is the name displayed in the URL while accessing the view. For example, if the view name is Employee Details, the view link name will be http://creator.zoho.com/zchelp/employee-manager/#View:Employee_Details. The link name is also used internally in Deluge Script.
- View based on: Select the form based on which this new view is to be created.
- Place this view under: If you have created sections under which the existing forms/views are to be displayed in Live Mode, all the existing sections will be displayed here. Select the section under which the new view will be created. If no sections are created, the view will be placed under "Home". Refer the topic, Layouts for more information.
- Display Type: You can display the view as a list, calender, spreadsheet or as a summary.
- Edit Permissions: The Application owner can grant three levels of access permissions to a public application or to shared users of a private application.
- Add Record: Creating a view with the "Add Record" option selected, will allow shared users to add new records to this view. If access is provided to add new records, the Duplicate Record option is displayed. You can select this option to enable shared users to add a record that already exists in the application. In the Live Mode, the "Add Record" and "Duplicate Record" option will be enabled to the shared users.
- Edit Record: Creating a view with the "Edit Record" option selected, will allow shared users to edit existing records in the view. If access is provided to edit existing records, the Bulk Edit option is displayed. You can select this option to enable shared users to edit multiple records with same values. In the Live Mode, the "Edit" and "Bulk Edit" option will be enabled to the shared users.
- Delete Record: Creating a view with the "Delete Record" option selected, will allow shared users to delete existing records in the view. In the Live Mode, the "Delete" option will be enabled to the shared users.
- Click Done to create the view. The new view named Employee Personal Details is created as shown in the screen-shot below. You can make the required configurations to this view using the option displayed on the left-side tree.
Duplicate a view
Zoho Creator allows you to create an exact copy of your existing views. This feature will be useful if you want to create new views similar to existing views, but with minor changes to configurations. For example, we have a view named "Employee View" based on the "Employee" form which is displayed in the form of a List. Now, in addition to this view, we want to create a new view which will display the same data in the form of a summary. To do this, it is not necessary to create the new view again from the beginning. You need to just duplicate this existing view.
To duplicate a view from Edit mode,
- Select the view from the Views Tab.
- Select More Actions -> Duplicate this View option from the view header.
- Specify the name of the new view and click Duplicate. The new view will be created with the specified name.
- You can select this view and make the necessary modifications to the configurations or the display format.