In the topic Create Relationship, we created three forms - Employee form, Department form and Role form and created relationship between these forms using single-select and multi-select lookup fields. Now, we will learn how to create a combined view that displays columns from two or more related forms, in a single view.
Steps to create the combined view
- Select the New View option from the View tab to create a view with the form which contains the Lookup field. In our example, the Employee form contains the lookup field named "Department" from the department form.
- Select the Column Properties option displayed on the left-side of the view.
- The lookup field will have the related fields as link. Click on the related fields link, and select the columns to be displayed from the related form.
- Click Done, to update the changes.
- In Live mode, the combined view will be displayed with the selected fields. For example, in the screen-shot of the Employee view shown below, Mail Alias is a field in the department form.