Custom Schedules are events/actions scheduled on specific date and time with or without repeat frequency. As the name indicates, it caters to a wide variety of use cases. For example, Feed reader applications, Monthly maintenance, custom reminders etc. All tasks supported in Deluge Scripting can be configured as custom schedule event/action. The events can be configured using drag-n-drop script builder or free-flow scripting option.
You can execute custom schedules on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis or on a specific date/time without repeat frequency. For example,
- Execute event every day at 9:30
- Execute event every Monday at 9:30
- Execute event 6th of every month at 9:30
- Execute event 5th of every September at 9:30
Configuring a Custom Schedule
- Select the Schedules Tab. If you are defining a schedule for the first time, click on the Create button displayed within the Scheduled subscription text box, (or) If you have schedules listed in the Schedule tab, click on New Schedule-> View Subscription option.
- The New Form Schedule screen will be displayed with two tabs - When to do tab and What to do tab. The When to do tab is used to specify the schedule title, date and time of the schedule and its repeat frequency. The What to do is used to configure the schedule event/action. By default, the When to do tab is selected.
- Define the Event from GUI mode or Free Flow scripting mode by selecting the When to do tab.
- GUI Mode
- In the Title text box, specify a meaningful title for the schedule. A schedule will be identified by its title and will be listed under the Schedule tab.
- In the Date field, specify the start date of the schedule. Use the Insert Date icon placed near the Date field, to select the required date. The Date will be displayed in the format as specified in the Application Settings dialog.
- In the Time field, select the hours and minutes when the event has to be scheduled on the specified date.
- In the Frequency field, select the repeat frequency of the schedule as Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly from the options listed. Selecting None will execute the schedule only once on the specified date and time. You can schedule the event/action on a specific day of the week or on a specific date of the month or on a specific month of the year. Selecting None will execute the schedule only once on the specified date and time.
- Free Flow Scripting
To go to this mode, select the Free-flow scripting link displayed on the top-right corner of the GUI mode.
(This section will be updated with syntax for defining the custom schedule for all possible use cases)
- Example for daily schedule
sample custom schedule
execute event on '2010-01-08' at '10:30' daily
- Example for monthly schedule
Delete Old Records
execute event on '2010-01-08' at '10:30' on every 6th monthly
- Click Next to define the custom schedule action.
- Define the Custom Schedule Action
- Selecting the What to do tab will display the Deluge Script Builder to configure the event (action) to be scheduled using Deluge Script. All the tasks supported by Deluge Scripting will be listed on the left-side. You can drag-n-drop the tasks or use the free flow scripting option to configure the event. For example, let us configure the Delete Records action to the "Delete Old Records" schedule we have created above, with the required criteria. Refer the Developer Guide section to learn more about each task.
- Click Save to save the configurations. The schedules created will be listed on the left-side and the Script definition of the schedule will be displayed on the right-side., as shown below. Click on the GUI Mode to edit the event using the Deluge drag-n-drop Script builder or the Free-flow scripting mode to edit the script directly.