Every form in Zoho Creator has its own email address, so you can just sent an email to submit form data. Zoho Creator checks for form updates via e-mail, once in every ten minutes. The data submitted through e-mail will be directly added to your database. This feature is supported in all paid plans.
1. Access the form in the live mode, to which a record needs to be added dynamically as shown in the screenshot below.
2. Click on the Settings Icon -> Submit through Email option from the form header. The Submit through Email dialog will be displayed.
3. Copy the Email Template and also the e-mail address specified. For example, email@example.com
4. Now, specify the above email id as the To address in your email client.
5. In the e-mail message field, fill in the details as per the Email Template.
6. To capture a file to the record, copy paste the file name to the respective labels as mentioned below
Picture : IMG_0024.JPG
Resume : resume.pdf
As an enhancement to adding form data via email in specified format, Zoho Creator now provides the option to send form data in user-defined format.
To use this feature,
You can fetch data to your form from the email id using the form alias mail id. Instead of sending mail to the form mail id, you can send the mail to an alias mail id. Mail forwarding is enabled in the alias mail id and the email data received in this id will be automatically forwarded to the form mail id. The email data received is automatically added to the respective fields in the form.
Form alias Email id feature can be done only through user defined format of adding email data to the form.
To configure form alias mail id and fetch the email data sent to your alias mail id in zoho creator form, follow these steps:
1. Go to edit mode of the form as shown below, and click on Form Settings-->Notification.
2. Enter the alias mail id in the Form Alias Email Id text field. You can also customize your form fields through label placement and label width options as shown in the screenshot below.
3. Now click on the save button.
4. Add the forms.zohocreator.com email id of the form to the alias mail so that any mail sent to the alias mail id is forwarded to the form mail id. To enable this option, go to mail forwarding option in the alias mail settings. Any emails received to the form mail-id will get added as record in the Zoho Creator form.
The "Submit through Email" feature supports On Add -> On Validate and On Add -> On Success script sections.
The details about the Email sent using the email data feature with status, will be logged and displayed in Usage Logs - Email Data section in the Zoho Creator Home page, as shown in the screen-shot below. The application owner and developer will have access to this information. The Email data log shown below displays the emails sent during the last one week.