Every form in Zoho Creator has its own email address, so you can just sent an email to submit form data. Zoho Creator checks for form updates via e-mail, once in every ten minutes. The data submitted through e-mail will be directly added to your database. This feature is supported in all paid plans.
Adding form data via e-mail in specified format
- Go to Live mode and select the Form to which a record needs to be added dynamically.
- Select More Actions -> Submit through Email option from the form header. The Submit through Email dialog will be displayed as shown in the screen-shot below:
- Copy the Email Template and also the e-mail address specified. For example, email@example.com
- Now, specify the above email id as the To address in your email client.
- In the e-mail message field, fill in the details as per the Email Template.
- To capture a file to the record, copy paste the file name to the respective labels as mentioned below
Picture : IMG_0024.JPG
Resume : resume.pdf
- Note that you can send the email message only as plain text. Rich text is not supported.
- Note that if you attach more files than the specified number of fields, only the files that are attached first will be captured while the other files will be ignored.
Adding form data via e-mail in user-defined format
As an enhancement to adding form data via email in specified format, Zoho Creator now provides the option to send form data in user-defined format.
To use this feature,
- Add a newtext field to the Form with Deluge name as ZC_Subject to capture the subject of the mail.
- Add a new multi-line text fieldor rich-text field to the Form with Deluge name asZC_Content to capture the content of the mail, in any format.
- Add a new File Upload Field with Deluge name as ZC_File to capture the file attached to the mail.
- Multiple files can also be captured by adding required number of File Upload Fields with Deluge name as ZC_File0, ZC_File1 and so on.
- When a number of files say a.txt, b.txt etc are attached to the mail, a.txt will be captured under ZC_File0, b.txt under ZC_File1 and so on.
- Select More Actions -> Submit through Email option from the form header, to get the email-id of the form.
- When a mail is sent with data to the specified mail id, these fields will capture the subject, content and files attached to the mail. In the case of using ZC_Subject (text field) and ZC_Content (rich-text field), it will capture the html MIME block first, or revert to plain text if there is no HTML.
- The "Submit through Email" feature only works for forms that you yourself create in your own account but once you have the address you can share it with other people who may want to use the form in this way. If the form is Private, only users with whom you have shared the application can send email to the form, and only if they send it from the same personal email address they use in Zoho Creator. If someone without permission to use a private application tries to email one of its forms, they will get a response email explaining that they do not have permission.
- This feature is supported in all paid plans.
Supported script sections
The "Submit through Email" feature supportsOn Add -> On Validate and On Add -> On Success script sections.
View Log Details
The details about the Email sent using the email data feature with status, will be logged and displayed in Log Details - Email Data in the Zoho Creator Home page, as shown in the screen-shot below. The application owner and developer will have access to this information. The logs will display the emails sent during the last one week.