Make your application more powerful and dynamic by adding workflow to your forms with the help of Deluge Scripting, the in-built scripting language in Zoho Creator. The Deluge Script Builder provides a drag-and-drop user interface to add form action scripts. It can be invoked from the form header by selecting Settings icon or by directly selecting the Workflow tab. You can configure the following workflows to your form, when a new record is added or when an existing record is edited/deleted.
- Actions on Form Load
Scripts added to this block are executed when the form is loaded for adding or editing a record. For example, set a date field in the form with the current date or to hide a field when the form is loaded.
- Validate on Form Submit/Validate on Record Delete
Scripts added to this block are executed when a new record is submitted or when an existing record is modified and submitted or when an existing record is deleted. For example, check if a field value falls within a specified range, restrict the number of registrations to your form etc.
- Actions on Success
Scripts added to this block are executed when a new record is successfully submitted to the database or when an existing record is updated or deleted from the database. For example, send a mail to the admin user id when a record is deleted.
Steps to configure workflows for your Form
- Select the Form from the Dashboard page.
- Select Form Settings - On Add - Actions on Load to perform actions when the form is displayed to add a new record.
- Select Form Settings - On Add - Validate on Form Submit, to perform form validations, before data is persisted.
- Select Form Settings - On Add - Actions on Success, to perform form actions after the data is persisted.
- Similarly you can use the On Edit option to configure Form actions when an existing record is edited and the On Delete option to configure actions when a record is deleted. Selecting the above options will display the Script Builder to configure the required actions.
Refer the section Deluge Reference Guide to learn more about each Form Action.