The File Upload field type is used to upload Files in Zoho Creator. Files can be uploaded from your local computer or from any of the supported cloud storage services like Zoho Docs, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox and Box The uploaded file will be displayed as a link in the Form's report. The maximum size of each file that can be uploaded is only 5 MB. The total file storage space you will get depends on the plan for which you have subscribed. Zoho Creator considers total file storage for an account and not of the individual users.
To upload files to your form,
- Drag and drop the File Upload field type to your form.
- In the Field Name textbox, specify the name that will be displayed for this field in the Form. The Deluge Name of the field will be same as the field name with underscore instead of white spaces, and will be assigned automatically by Zoho Creator.
- Click on Field Properties to configure the File upload field. For File Upload field type you can allow the users to upload the file from the following sources, by selecting them under field properties.
Refer the topic Field Configurations to learn more about each configuration.
- Local Computer
- Zoho Docs
- Google Drive
- When you Access this application, the file upload field will be displayed in the Form to enable users to upload files and images. Click on the Browse button displayed near the file upload field.
- The cloud picker displays the cloud storage services selected earlier in field configurations. To select your file, click on the Cloud Storage Service > Select the file > Click on Attach. In the example below, we have selected Google Drive > sample.xls where Google Drive is the cloud storage service and sample.xls is the file.
- The uploaded file/image will be displayed as a download link in your Report.
Send link of uploaded file in an email
To send the URL/link of the uploaded file in the e-mail message, add the following code in the On Add> On Success section of the form. In the sample message given below, File_Upload is the name of the file upload field, zoho.adminuser is the name of the app owner and zoho.appname is the application name and test_view is the view link name.
a=((("http://creatorexport.zoho.com/DownloadFile.do?filepath=/" + input.File_Upload + "&sharedBy=" + zoho.adminuser) + "&appLinkName=") + zoho.appname) + "&viewLinkName=test_view";
subject:"Subject of the email"
message:"<a href="+ a +">Uploaded File</a>"