Setting a form field as "unique" will not accept any duplicate values for the field, while submitting the form. Each value in this field will be unique and will not match another value. For example, an Employee ID field in an Employee form must be unique to identify each employee record. The following field types can be configured to contain unique values:
- Single-line text field, Email field.
- Number, Percent, Decimal, Currency fields
- Date, Date-Time fields
To set a field as unique while adding a field,
- Drag and drop the required field to the form.
- Click on Options.
- Select the checkbox No duplicate entries.
- Click "Done" to save the setting.
To set an existing field as unique,
- Select the Form from the Forms Tab in Edit mode.
- Place mouse over the field to be edited.
- Select the Edit this Field option. The edit dialog will be displayed with the current field configurations.
- Select the checkbox No duplicate entries
- Click Done to update the changes.