A Zoho Creator URL field allows you to specify a URL (Web address) with link name, title and target. The URL submitted through a form is displayed as a link in the View. Selecting the link will display the website to the viewer. To set a url field programatically with the required URL, Link Name and Target, refer Tips & Tricks -> Updating Field Values.
Screen-shot of a Form with URL Field type and its view that displays the URL as a link
Adding a URL field
- Drag and drop the URL field type to your form.
- In the Label Name textbox, specify the name that will be displayed for this field in the Form. The Field name used in Deluge Script will be same as the Label name with underscore instead of white spaces, and will be assigned automatically by Zoho Creator.
- Click on Options to configure the URL field type. Click on the checkbox options that appear under the head Appearance, as shown below.
- Link Name Required: The Link Name is meant to display a text in place of the URL.
- Title Required: The Title is meant to display a popup text that will be displayed, when you run your mouse over the url.
- Target Required: The Target is meant to provide option to specify if the image must be displayed in the same window or a new window.
Refer the topic Field Configurations to learn more about the other field configuration.
- Click "Done" to add the url field to your form. The screen-shot given below, shows the url field named Site URL, added to the form, in Edit mode.
- When you Access this application the URL field will be displayed to enable users to specify the URL with link name, title and target. Refer screen-shot in the overview section.