A text field can be either a single line or multiple lines. Text fields are one of the most common fields you will see on the internet. They are a box on a web page that visitors are able to select and type text into it. You can enter any kind of character into a text field.
Single-line text field: Use a single line text field to hold plain text or data that doesn't fit well into any other type of field. A single-line text field can contain a maximum of 255 characters.
Multi-line text field: A multi- line text field is also similar to a single-line text field, but with more text area. It can contain any type of character and is appropriate for a comments or a notes field in a Form.Zoho Creator allows only 65,535 bytes (~64kb) of data in the multi-line text field. Refer the Known Issues and Limitation section for more information.
Configuring a text field
- Drag-n-drop the Single Line or Multi Line text field to the editor area.
- In the Label Name textbox, specify the name that will be displayed for this field in the Form.The Field name used in Deluge Script will be same as the Label name with underscore instead of white spaces, and will be assigned automatically by Zoho Creator.
- Click on Options to display the configurations that can be made to a single-line text field, as shown in the screen-shot below.Refer the topic Field Configurations to learn more about each configuration.
- Click Done to add this field to the form.
- To edit the field configurations or to delete the field or to add field action scripts, move mouse over the field and click on the Edit this field option.
- When you Access the application, the text field will be displayed to enable users to add text into it.