One of the most commonly used field in a Form is the Date field. A date field contains only a Date. You can configure the date to appear in any format you wish, like 15-Aug-1947 or Aug 15, 1947 from the Applications Settings dialog, as shown in the screen-shot given below. When a date field appears on a form, it displays a calendar button, which lets users select a date in a couple of clicks.
A Sales Form with a Date field in dd-MMM-yyyy format
Configuring a Date field
- Drag-n-drop the Date field type to the editor area.
- The Adding 'Date' screen is displayed as shown below. In the Label Name text box, enter the Field Label name that will be displayed in the form.
- Click on Options and select the field configurations. Refer the link Field Configurations to learn more about each configuration.
- Click Done to add the field with the specified configurations.
- To edit the field configurations or to delete the field or to add field action scripts, move mouse over the field and click on the Edit this field option.
- When you Access the application, the Date field will be displayed in your form with a calendar button which lets users select the required date.
Configuring allowed days
Configuring Allowed days restricts users from entering the data in all the dates. User can enter the data only in the specified date and time.
To configure Allowed Days,
- Click Options on the edit mode of Date field.
- Check the Custom option for Allowed days and check the days on which the users can add their data.
- Click Done
A form with disabled dates
- When you create a calender view using the Date field for which the Allowed days are set, a view will be created where users can only record their data within the specified date. Other date fields will be disabled and users will not be able to enter the data.