Zoho Creator provides options to copy an existing application to be used as a template (i.e only the structure of the application will be copied as a new application without the data) or to backup the application with data.
Who can copy/backup an application?
- For a private application,
- The application owner can copy the application structure without data. If he/she has subscribed to the Standard Edition or above, he can also back up the application with data.
- Shared users who are configured as "Developers" and provided edit access to edit an applicaton, can copy the application structure.
- For a public application,
- All users of a public application can copy the application structure without data.
Copy application structure
To copy the structure of an application,
- In the Home Page, all the applications will be listed.
- To create a copy of the application, click on the Duplicate option displayed below the name of the application that you want to copy. Only the application structure will be copied with name Copy of <ApplicationName>. For example, if your are copying an application named Contacts, the duplicate copy will be named as Copy of Contacts.
You can also copy the structure of an application by selecting the Duplicate button displayed for each application listed in your Home Page.
To backup the structure of your application as a script file ( .ds file)
- Open the application that you want to save as a script file.
- In the live mode, select Options -> Save as Deluge Script option displayed in the top-right corner.
- The entire application will be saved as a .ds file at the desired location.
- You can create a copy of this application later, by importing this Deluge script file. Refer to Creating an application by Importing Deluge Script.
Backup the application with data
Zoho Creator supports the backup feature only in Standard Edition and above. This backup includes the data also. Refer this link for more information on application backup with data.