Who is a Zoho Creator User ?
A user is an individual who has access to a Zoho Creator application. Only the application owner (admin user) can add a user and control his/her role within the application. The number of users with whom an application can be shared depends on the pricing plan subscribed by the admin. For example, if the admin has subscribed to the Profession plan, he can add a total of 10 users, 1 being the admin. The admin can add a user with role as "User" or "Developer".
- A User can only access the shared application based on the access permissions configured by the admin. He/she cannot edit the application in the admin's workspace.
- A Developer can create applications in admin's workspace. He can access and edit the shared applications in admin's workspace, if the admin provides edit permissions for the same.
The admin can add new users, delete existing users, activate or deactivate users, change roles from the Manage Users page. Click on the Setup link displayed on the top-right corner of your Home page, to access the Manage users page.
Add / Delete User
To add a new user,
- Click on Invite Users button.
- Specify the email addresses.
- Select the role as User or Developer
- Click Add to add them to the list of users. By default, a user will be added as 'Active' with role as 'User'. Adding a user does not send an invite mail to that user.
To delete a user,
- Select the user
- Click on Delete User button.
Activate /Deactivate User
By default a user will be added as 'Active'. You can share your application only with users whose status is 'Active'. To deactivate/activate a user, just click on the Status button.
- If you want to remove sharing access temporarily for a particular user, simply set his status as 'Inactive'. When the status is 'Inactive' users will not be able to access the application. And when you want to give back access, just switch the status to 'Active'.
To change the role of a user from Developer to User or vice versa, select the change link that is displayed for each user role in the Manage Users page.
- For newly created Zoho Creator Accounts, a Developer can be added by going to Application settings > General > Change Developer.
Edit Permission to Shared Users