In order to retrieve and push your data in a secure manner, two mandatory parameters are to be used while using APIs.
- authtoken* - API Authentication Token.
Retrieving API Authentication Token
Every account will carry a general authtoken for the account's API access. Follow the below steps to retrieve your authtoken.
- Click Settings --> API & Call Back
- Copy the API Authentication Token.
To access list management API methods, in addition to your authentication parameters, a mandatory parameter "listkey" is to be used. The listkey represents the mailing list you're trying to access.
- Click Contacts --> Mailing Lists
- Open the particular list
- Click "Show List Key"
- Copy the key.
In any given scenario, be it any kind of API, we advice you to follow what is given in this document. keys are sensitive and any kind of typo during request could result in an error case. However, we thought we should let you know of some points to keep in mind:
- Default responses will always be in XML format.
- HTTP instead of HTTPS in the request URL is not supported.
- Custom fields in the request URL can be declared with the field itself.
- During list subscription, If custom field value limit exceeds, the field will not be recorded even though the contact will be subscribed to the list(s).
- To subscribe or unsubscribe to and from a list, email address is mandatory.
- Finally, make sure APIs are not misused. We hold the rights to disable your API access.
For further assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org