Sender and Subject Details
- Include a real name, not just an email address in the "From" field.
- Use only verified send addresses.
- If its a regularly scheduled newsletter, include the date or month of the issue (August 2011) and "newsletter", "news", "list", or the frequency (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Avoid spammy sounding words and phrases like Opportunity, Money Back, Incredible, Targeted, Offer, You Have Won "$ followed by numbers" and similar such phrases.
- ALL CAPS in your subject.
- Usage of extra white space in your subject.
- Using special characters in your campaign subject.
- Using a sender address that ends with a number.
- Use a white background.
- Send only relevant information to your customers.
- The subject of your newsletter and title should relate to each other.
- Use only licensed images.
- Use in-line style (CSS) for your newsletters.
- Greet your customers with their names - First Name/Last Name.
- Make sure there is more of text used and maintain a good ratio of text to image area.
- Usage of "Dear User or Customer" to greet your recipients.
- Claim your message isn't Spam - This could actually end up with a lot of Spam complaints.
- Using "Click Here" links.
- Using "Untitled" in title tags.
- Include thick borders in your campaign content.
- Using scripts such as Java scripts.
- Using colored background.
- Using invisible text.
- Repeatedly sending the same email/campaign to your subscribers.
- Using URLs such as www.campaign.zoho.com since our email tracker module will replace all your links with tracker URLs such as www.zohocampaign.com/tracker? prior to sending. So, your links might end up having a mismatch in domain names present in the inner text and its target (HREF), which one of the anti-spam rules to mark an email Spam.
- Maintain a low ratio of text to image area. Especially, image-only emails, which is currently the top tactic employed by spammers to get past filters.
Did you find what you were looking for? Yes | No