Sometimes you want to engage your customers immediately after they sign-up to your list by sending out a welcome email or welcome/subscription offer etc,. You may want to have a prolonged contact with customers depending on how long they had been with you. It could be tips & tricks email for a new customer or a special offer for a old customer etc. Responders are not only for sending mails based on sign-up time, you can also to send a mail before/on/after any customer specific dates like birthday, expiry date, etc,.
Drip Campaigns is available only in the Subscribers Model. See Also: Pricing & Editions
Drip Campaigns is available under the Autoresponders section in Zoho Campaigns.
To create Responders
- In the Autoresponders tab, click Responders.
- Click on New Responder button.
- In the New Responder page:
- Enter a name for the Responder.
- Choose the Mailing list to which you want to send the Autoresponder.
- If you want to send the responder to a particular segment, select the segment option and choose the criteria based segment from the dropdown menu.
- Select the option (Sign-up date/ Custom date) based on which the Responder should be sent.
- If it is a Sign up Date, the message will be sent to the subscribers on their sign up date.
- To send the sign up based responder for imported customers, select Use import time as sign-up time. This will make the contact added time as sign up time.
- If it is Custom Date based, select the Date Field - Date value can be added to a customer's information by having custom fields.
- Yearly - Every year, customer will receive the message. Used in the case of birthday, anniversary wishes etc.
- One-Off - Message will be sent only once to the customer, (i.e.) when the exact date value in the contact’s custom field occurs. Used in the case of expiry notification etc.
- Click Create.
- The responder will be enabled by default (i.e.) messages can be sent from it.
- Custom date based responders will be sent for both option and imported contacts.
- Custom date field can be added by creating a date valued custom field under Settings > Custom fields.
Create Messages for the Responder
Messages are the emails that you will be sending to your subscribers in the Responder.
For Sign up Responders
- Messages will be sent based on the time in which a customer subscribes to a list.
- Provide the interval in hours/days after which the message has to be sent.
- Click Save.
For Custom Date Responders,
- Messages will be sent based on the custom date field value.
- Provide the interval in hours/days after/before which the message has to be sent.
- Click Save.
Create Content for a Message
After you have configured a message, you have to add the content to your message.
To add content
- In the Message detailed view page, click Add Content.
- Adding content is similar to the campaign creation process.
- You can add more content to a message and make one among them as active at a time.
- Individual reports will be provided for different contents so that you can know how your customers react on different contents.
To start a Message
To start sending out mails to your subscriber from a message, click on the Start button and choose which content to activate, your message will be changed to running state.
Only after starting a message, your subscribers will start receiving it.
A message can be started only when it has at least one reviewed content.
The message once started can be paused any time by clicking on the Pause button. This will temporarily stop the message from being sent.
A paused message can be restarted by clicking the Restart button.
To change the content of a Message
- The content of a message can be changed anytime by creating a new content and activating it.
- Click on the ‘Change Content’ button to create a new content.
- A content must be reviewed before activating.
- ‘Activate Content’ button will be provided along with a content once it is reviewed.
- Total sent, opened, unsubscribed count will be shown individually for every activated content.
Disabling a Responder
- Disabling a responder will pause all the running messages in it.
- Click on the Disable button in responder’s page to disable it.
- Once your message has started, you can view the report of it.
- To view reports, click on ‘Report view’ option provided in message’s page.
Related Topics: Drip Marketing Campaigns