An invoicing application which offers you the option to send out credit notes to your customers …. Sounds interesting? Read on.
By popular demand from our customers, introducing the Credit Note feature in Zoho Invoice. You can now send out credit notes to your customers from your Zoho Invoice account. Retaining a documentation of every transaction is the sign of a good accounting practice. So never let that customer credit go unaccounted for.
You ask, “When can I issue a credit note?”
The math behind a credit note is simple. You issue a credit note every time you owe your customer some money.
You say, “List out a few scenarios where I may need to issue a Credit Note?”
- Your customer has been of the “Rare customer” category and has paid you an advance. Whoa! Wish that happens again and issue a credit note with TLC.
- Oops! You sent out a wrong invoicing amount to your customer. Don’t fret, just issue a credit note and your customer is never going to be cross with you on that.
- You were bitten by a generosity bug after you send out an invoice and you want to give your customer a discount. Don’t shy away, send your customer a credit note for the discounted amount.
- This time around your customer is bitten by the generosity bug and he makes an over-payment against an invoice. Send him a credit note and win brownie points for holding up your business ethics
You ask, “How does creating a credit note and associating it to invoices work?
We’ve kept the process simple.
You ask, “What else?”
As a user of Zoho Invoice, you would know that when we make something, we make it tunable for every user and then there’s certainly going to be a report. (Oh yeah! We love the numbers). This is what you can do with
your credit notes:
- Set your credit note preferences
- Generate a report on credit notes issued
- Customize your credit note notification mails
Disclaimer: We agree that that’s helluva lot of exclamations on one post. Well, that’s how excited we are about this feature. We are sure you are as excited as we are!
Until we put another feature on the platter, happy invoicing!